Tuesday, July 31, 2007

AVANCE 07

Yeah, for getting to hang out with other singles!



Senegal was a blast. I didn't get a lot of sleep, but then I had a lot of fun. (an average of about 5 hours a night for 10 nights) I have kind of taken a vow to not really sleep again until the middle of September!

When I arrived at the hotel for our regional wide meeting, Emily and I immediately went and put on our bathing suits and jumped in the pool. We laid out for about an hour or so then went and ate fried chicken. That’s right FRIED chicken, a luxury here.

The next two days were spent “hanging out” with missionary kids while their parents were in some before the meeting, meetings. We had a hotel photo scavenger hunt, swam and watched movies.

Saturday all the singles went to this awesome ropes course outside of town. It was up in some trees that are called Baobab trees. It is been a long time since I have tested my body like that. But, the pain was worth it.




The rest of the week was all business. I attended worship (it was great to sing and hear worship in ENGLISH), sessions, team meetings and spent the majority of the time talking our great personnel into sitting down in front of a video camera for me! I spent a lot of time getting prayer request, thank you's and God stories on film.

I also worked on interviews and gather photos for next year’s prayer calendar. Oh and the most important thing, meeting all the new personnel and hearing the great God stories from around the region. He is doing such great works out here right now.


At the end of each day the singles had an activity. I did them all. A luau, movie night, basketball in the dark (the power had went out), worship, game night (I actually won my first game of “hearts”).


Got a hair cut, pedicure and my teeth cleaned!

Though I didn’t get refreshed by sleep I was refreshed to spend time with some great people that God is using in this region. Can’t wait until the next time.

No comments: