Saturday, August 04, 2007

My FUNNY Birthday


My Abidjan family did a good job of making my birthday a special day.

It started...

With a 6.30 a.m. knock on my door from Emily singing happy birthday and presents.


This is a toy Emily gave me that we put together right away on my bed, we think it is a flamingo. It is now the official office toy.

When I walked into my office, my friends had lovingly decorated it with signs, streamers and stuff for me to wear!


Then there was cheese cake. (Made from scratch by Mary Beth, my supervisor and friend.) All the regional leadership gathered in my small office to eat and talk about what they were doing when they were 24.

The day was not done.

In the afternoon the girls went Africa-Karting!



That’s me taking the turn and then passing Mary Beth! At the end, the French man who owned the place asked if we had funny! (not fun, but funny!)

We then went out to dinner where the whole crew sang Happy Birthday. It was a great and special day.

So, to all of you who sent special birthday wishes, a BIG THANK YOU! You also made me feel loved and special.

To see more pictures click here.

To add to the day, comment and let me know what you were doing at 24. So far, I have a lot to live up to!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was twenty four I had met your Mom and we were married. I left the Air Force and we lived in Mobile, Al.

erin said...

Let's see, 24, so long ago...oh wait, it was just last year! :) I was in my first semester of grad school and stressing out a lot. Fun times. :) 25 has been a much better year, but I hope you have a fabulous 24!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..when I turned 24 we had just moved to TN from IL. That was an exciting year! I hope you had a great bday Jesse, we miss you!
Love,
amy