Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy 4th

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I know I did. The mission got together to celebrate. We ate hamburgers, potato salad, fruit and cake. We talked and it rained, all day.

Our original plan had been to play badminton, and the rain did not stop us. We played several rounds and got soaking wet.

The rain has been slow to come and not as much as we need. I think the 4th of July party has changed all that. It has rained off and on since then. And it has been cold here, as low as 75 degrees. We need a whole lot more than we are getting.

But, most of the other West Africa countries are still in need of a lot more rain. Some haven’t gotten any. For them, it has been excruciatingly hot.

1 comment:

Covin said...

I can't remember if you were there last year in Siendou or not for the Fourth. Seems like a such a long time ago. I hope all is going well for you.

Covin Mauritzen
Sini Ndoye
F4Fer