Saturday, March 04, 2006

NAZINGA!!

This weekend, we got out! I mean we got out of the CITY! Africa is beautiful. I was driving…yes, I was driving…along a surprisingly well paved road that led out of the city of Ouaga and headed for the bush.
(note: for all of you who do not know the bush refers to the remote locations in Africa)

Emily, Mary Beth, Deron and I went to a game park, Nazinga, 3 hours south of Ouaga to see some elephants and any other “wild” animals we could find. I drove us to the park…I still love to drive. I learned not only to dodge kids, bicycles, people, motos and other cars, but also livestock and wild animals.


That was just the ride to the park…


Emily and I stayed in this bungalow.


Here is the inside…nice, isn’t it?




At the restaurant located on the park grounds I had antelope for dinner. (it was a little tough…good, but tough)

By the way it gets cold at night in the desert!

Saturday morning we got up to meet our guide at 6.30AM. The way this worked was…we drove around for a couple of hours trying to find wild animals…elephants, antelope, warthogs and anything else.

I drove again. The guide sat in the back in between Mary Beth and Deron and even from there, he spotted animals way more often than anyone else.

We saw so many elephants.



And some of them closer than I had ever thought possible!!!


I would say we saw between 40-50 different elephants…the park boasted 450+.

Here are other animals:

The park was beautiful.
It was amazing to see God in nature.



Friday night after dinner the four of us laid down on the concrete porch and just stared at the stars.

For all of us it was relaxing to get out of the city and see a different part of the country and experience different sights, sounds and feelings about West Africa.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Thank our Father everyday for the witness He gives of Himself in nature.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Jesse, you're going to have scrapbooking all those beautiful pictures when you get a chance...

I wish I was there! It seems so amazing, and Romans 1:20 is the best creation verse!

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Jesse!!! I'm so glad that you posted on my xanga because I noticed you weren't updating yours and didn't know what was going on with you! I am so excited for you and it sounds like you're learning and doing so much for God. If you have an email list, can you add me? ehetzel1022@yahoo.com

I love you!