Friday, March 17, 2006


Je vais decorer ma femme!


This guide to an interest in me and asked the missionary couple we were what was the price for me to become his wife...!

While they were rowing us back to shore he and the other guide made us females flower necklaces and crowns. This guide was in the other boat...not mine another boat! He moved our guide out of the way so he could put the crown on my head! Life in africa!

This is the guest house we stayed at in Bobo! Rulal Ramada, very nice rooms and very affortable!

Last weekend the four of use drove 5 hours to visit a couple working in the town of Bobo...This was our vacation weekend! We went to see Hippo's, a waterfall and then to church with them on Sunday.

They are doing great things with their people group and trying to start the people groups first church in Burkina Faso...Please pray for them as they work to baptize new believers!

Tengrela is the name of the place to see the hippo's!

This was the guide on my boat! He moved us through the water with a bamboo stick!A flower necklace!Le Cascade!

Yes, this would be the Burkina Faso Mc Danold's! No one from the mission has eaten here yet...kinda afraid to try!

This little boy loved to have his picture taken. There is an animal infront of him, a hedgehog!


Also…I have learned a lot about driving. Here in Burkina Faso, the blinkers on a vehicle have multiple meanings.

Turning on the blinkers mean:
1.making a turn
2.driver going around a vehicle
3.don’t go around me there is a vehicle coming
4.driver is going around a moto, person, bicycle, or animal
5.don’t pass or get in my lane there is a car behind me

It’s like having a conversation with other drivers as you try to navigate the roads. It’s a culture unto itself. I loved to drive in the states…it gave me a sense of freedom and an ability to see the world outside of myself. I feel the same way here. I told Diane Pace, driving is like learning how to play a sport, you just have to figure out the rules and watch everything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! That boy is precious!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you put up!

Anonymous said...

I want to be invited to the wedding! ha ha!