Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

No chilly, frost nipping at my toes, snowflakes in the air days for me.

It is 88 degrees, but it feels like 101 with a humidity of 75%. Sweat dripping from all pores. Does that feel like the Christmas session to you? Not to me! Just eight days away is the snowy white Christmas of my imagination.

It is going to be a great one! My parents will arrive a week from today. In fact, I just sent my one last request, syrup!

But, there is more to Christmas this year for me. I read this great story about what your giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering means to missionaries. I left my appendix in Bogota is a story in which I can relate.

I too, have spent the night in a hospital in a foreign country. And here recently, had a blood test to figure out what was wrong with me--Typhoid. All of these are possible through your giving. Thank you. Because of you I am healthy and have been on the field one year, 11 months and 10 days. For more resources or ideas to motivate you, your Sunday school class and church to give go to www.gowestafrica.org/lmco/.

Go check out the new West Africa Web site at www.gowestafrica.org. The lastest Media Team project.

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm so glad your parents get to come for the holidays!! That article was very enlightening; I'm thankful for the way you inform me about the ways the Gospel is being spread throughout Africa and the world. God bless you, Jesse!