Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Back to Niger

Almost a year ago, I tagged along on the first trip made by First Baptist Church Hurst, Texas to the Mehanna Road. This church has undertaken a huge task. They are responsible for planting Baptist churches in 48 village.



This year, I went on their fifth trip to visit the Songhai people and was completely amazed by what God is doing. There are already more than 10 believers with more than half of them baptized!

Photo by Justin V.

The cool thing for me was that I was able to go with a friend from college, who is an IMB photographer. It was a little like old times, except that we were in the desert, I was recovering from Tyfloid and Justin stressed about the Malaria meds! Thanks Justin for the pictures.

For more info on partnering churches visit www.gowestafrica.org/partneringchurch/

No comments: