Thursday, June 14, 2007

Power, what power?

Apparently everyone but the Mission Baptiste knew that the power was going to go out today! Our guard, Sisa, told us, "It's a schedule outage." I guess us missionaries should start listening to the radio.

I wonder how I would understand it anyway...

So, while the power is out I can't connect to the server or work on a video (it's on a desktop, no power...no desktop). With work coming to a halt, my supervisor, Mary Beth, and I went on an outing. Apparently our neighbor had made half of her house into an exhibit full of Indonesia products for her friends in Cote d’Ivoire to buy. It was beautiful.


After we took a look at the building that is being worked on next to my office. It is the new office (we need more working space, the region is growing, thank the Lord!). We wanted to visualize colors and all the possibilities this neighbor's house had shown us. (Don't know if it will happen, but we wanted to dream a little.)

I am about to take Mary Beth and her husband, Deron, to the airport for their two week trip to Burkina Faso. Emily left on Monday to go to Senegal. So, that means I am the only Media person in town.

Good thing I have a lot of work to do...

No comments: