Saturday, April 01, 2006

Today I am going to start a week long adventure in "the bush" of Burkina Faso....for those of you who do not know the meaning of "the bush" it is everywhere that is not a big city (ex: Ouagadougou, Bobo...) We will be traveling by bus (closes example I can think of is Greyhound) for five hours to team up with Tami and David W. who are researchers in Burkina Faso. We will travel to several villages and discover village life.

Pray for us:

-as we travel.

-as we practice or French.

-as we experience something new.

-that there might be an opportunity to share about Christ.

-for health as we can not carry enough water for a week...we will be eating and drinking village food.


Also....Thank you for your prayers for my language study. I finished yesterday and I would not have done as well without all of your prayers. Blessings and I will update in a week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it through language school! Keep us updated on your adventures in the bush :)

Anonymous said...

Go Jesse!! Knew you would do well with the language, especially as you have to use it and live it.
We'll be praying for you.
Love,
Aunt Jan and Uncle Dave in VA

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great time in da bush!

Anonymous said...

Where am I supposed to fly into to visit you?