Sunday, April 09, 2006

What a week!
Riding an African driven bus!
Three nights in three different villages
Getting to know two awesome missionaries who have a daunting task before them
Hanging out with Mary Beth and mice
Realizing you can sleep and sweat at the same time
Eating…well who knows what
Meeting a village chief (70ish years old with maybe a 6 month old daughter!)
Watching a village pastor hunt termites
Seeing a village church worship
Understanding women’s roles in different cultures—work, constant back breaking work
Going one WHOLE week without being asked to marry some African!
Thanking my mom for giving me a touch head of hair…Africans do know how to do your
hair!
Getting sick of mangos and being sick from mangos…we think I am allergic to the skin!
(my tongue swelled!) It is mango season and there are tons of mangos and we were given tons of mangos!







But I was able to cook...I made mango up-side down cake, mango bread, mango muffins and Tami made a mango cobbler!
This guy is picking mangos!

Contentment is what you make of your life no matter what you have-or don’t have
Visiting "The Neddles" -- A wonderful example of God creation!

Realizing reaching the lost for Jesus Christ has only just begun!

Here are tons of pictures-Enjoy!
Pointing at a poisonous fruit with a nut on the end!
David and Deron with village chief to trying to communicate. The Chief does not know French and we did not know Viega.

P.S. The Otter did go with me…but he had to stay hidden (not culturally excepted!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse, I absolutely love reading your blog! I pray for you often, and I think it's so amazing to see all that God is doing through you. Your positive spirit is such an encouragement! I hope you have a wonderful time this week and stay well! Sad about the mangos; they are one of my favorite fruits!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! I love getting to see them and think about the stories behind them...
I sent you something, but now I'm worried you won't get it if you won't be in the Ivory Coast for a while...