Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Training is going well. I am enjoying the time with other like-minded people. Yesterday, I went on an hour hike with Emily and another journeyman, following a creek which boarders IMB property. It was beautiful! I then went fishing for about 2 hours. It was a relaxing time with new friends and we watched as rain sprinkled across the water. We had shots earlier in the day, so none of us felt like doing much.

Today was the last day learning about spiritual warfare with IMB president Dr. Jerry Rankin. He spoke for three hours a day, three days this week.
West Africa is a region where many of the people believe in demon possession and curses. It is a very dark place, spiritually. Dr. Rankin equipped us to be able to worship and lean on God - though Satan will be all around us. He used plenty of stories from the West Africa
region to illustrate his points!

For the last three days I have focused on Philippians 2: 1-7. These verses focus on the death and resurrection of Jesus and the joy we should find in our life with Him. He loved us so much to die for our sins; the least we can do is love one another unconditionally. We are called to be bond-servants of Jesus Christ.

Looking forward to living in a different culture, I hope to remember these verses and how I am a bond-servant of Jesus. In being His servant I am to love others - always.

Thank you for your prayers. God is teaching me so much about my future and about Himself. Please continue to pray for the Peoples of West Africa. May God allow me to be a small part in His plan to bring more than 240 million people to hear His name and believe in His son.
I have also caught the cold spreading around the campus. Pray for me to have energy to learn and attend all the sessions.
Pray for my family as we get ready to say our good-byes in December.

May God be with each of you.

No comments: