Thursday, November 03, 2005

I am sore. All over. I have forgotten what it is like to play pick-up basketball for three hours non-stop. I love it! It is so worth the aches and pains. The campus for orientation is beautiful. My friend and I take a walk every morning watching the sun rise over the lake and the fog lift as the morning warms. In the afternoons you can see the reflection of the multi-colored fall leaves on the surface of the lake. I have started orientation in full today. I have spent the last two hours in the library reading about West Africa and the people I will encounter. I think I am going to love living overseas. This morning in my quiet time, God really affirmed my going. In Matt. 14 starting in verse 23, we are told about the story of Peter walking on water. I learned that I will always have fears, but I must never ignore them. Doing what God has for my life will always be fearful. Working through the fear and not hiding from it is how His greatness is shown through my weakness. My prayer today was that like Peter we may never forget our fears, but allow God to shine through them.

No comments: