Friday, November 18, 2005

COOKING FROM SCRATCH!

This last weekend all missionaries going to West Africa (all six of us) had to cook our every meal from scratch for the whole weekend. Now those of you who know me, know I do not cook from a box. So, this weekend was a huge learning experience. Come to find out, I do know how to cook some things. I heated the potatoes in the microwave and helped make tortillas from scratch using flour, butter and water. It was fun.

We had eggs for breakfast, spaghetti, tacos, steaks, and sandwiches.

The hip-chick with me in the picture holding the tortillas is Emily P. We are going as a regional journalism team. We get along awesomely! Already we are fast friends and feel free to make fun of each other. Two years with her is going to be great.

The week is coming to a close. Pray I will have a restful weekend to catch-up on some homework and get some rest to energize for next weeks classes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica: Thanks for including me in your Blog. I will continue to pray for you and the others that will be serving around the world. May God continue to bless you in your ministry here as well as in Africa. Thank you for your willingness to be obedient to the call of Christ. God bless you, Gail Britt