Sunday, August 27, 2006

Fun times at the Beach


So, they tell me beach vendors kept trying to get me to buy something...Hate to tell them I was asleep! That's Emily asleep next to me. This is how we have fun!



This is my birthday cake! My supervisor made an angle food cake and I loved it...

Yes, this is my cheesy...Don't want my picture taken, smile.

We had grilled chicken and baked potatoes. The best dinner I have had in a while.










Niger

Tomorrow I leave with Emily to go to Niger. I am really looking forward to seeing new friends and learning about their lives. One group of guys lives about a rough 10 hour drive from the capital city. Then a group of three girls who live together, but work in different villages. Also, two girls, one whom has been very sick for almost her whole time on the field, but they are doing amazing work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures :) I'll try to email you today with the story...I'm seriously contemplating coming to Burkina Faso or Ghana in December or next May...would I be able to see my beloved West African friend? Miss you and praying for you!