Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Ode to Kristen

This is dedicated to my flatmate, teammate, friend and all around awesome person Kristen Nicole Sayres.


Kristen has left for almost two months.
She is traveling around America for work.
This is her packing.

Ode to Kristen

by Me


You have left. Gone.

For so long

I walk by your door

And you are gone.


I wait to hear

You shout DANCE

I DANCE in your memory

You are gone.


I miss your music

Oh so loud

There is silence

Because you are gone.


I am here

Waiting for your return

I am alone

You are gone.


Hurry home Kristen. Hope America is fun and stress free.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I miss you both in large ridiculous amounts...and I just had the greatest flashback to freshman year when you worked out for like five hours and then couldn't walk. You trying to come down the stairs of your dorm when you couldn't bend your legs...I will NEVER forget that!