Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good-bye West Africa

I leave in a couple of hours to start my journey back to America.

It has been a wonderful 2 1/2 years working with West Africans, missionaries and volunteers. Though my time has come to an end -- I know I'll never forget it. I learned so much about myself, my ability to adapt to new surroundings, that I really do like media work, I can eventually get along with just about anyone, that what I believe about the Gospel transends cultures.

Those I'm leaving behind I will truly miss. Laura, Greg and Noah for feeding me. Mike, Heather, Karis and Caleb, for letting be the fifth member of their family. Randy and Kathy for treating me like one of their own. Mary Beth and Deron for being siblings, a great supervisor, and all the Gilmore Girls and Alias. To Emily for loving me when no one else would, for putting up with my wierdness and for teaching me about life.


Around the world good-bye party.

No comments: