Tuesday, March 04, 2008

African Dress

You know that thing called “irony?” It’s me in a skirt.

Well, it used to be.

I’ve never really had a “style.” Now I do – anything with a skirt. For years I never wore a skirt. During my younger years I had to wear one to school and after I transferred to a new school, I said never again. But, alas, God really does have a sense of humor. He sent me to a West Africa where every time I step out my door I had better have one on. That’s right–no pants, no shorts–just a skirt. I’m almost at 800 days of skirt wearing joy!

So, I’d thought I’d share with you my new style. Style: a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness. And let me tell you I am in style here.

Enjoy the following photos of me in some kind of skirt, panga (an African wrap skirt), or outfit.



(In Niger)


(with the Hausa)


(Christmas gifts)

(Sunday best)

(Cote d'Ivoire village)

(my desk at the new office)

No comments: