Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

Today, Monday, is a national holiday in Cote D'Ivoire--Easter Day

All business and government offices are closed to celebrate the risen Lord. How cool is that? It is because this country celebrates both Christian and Muslim holidays.

Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs! Fun times





















Sunday, I went to church with Emily and another couple and we looked forward to our 3 ½ hour service.

(This is the church where we have an English Bible study every Sunday night.) Well, each Bible study had to perform a short piece in celebration of Easter.

We sang.

That’s right…Emily and I stood up with our group and sang a song in English…in front of the whole church.

Our good friend Olivia stood next to me, literally shoving the mike in my face (a little uncomfortable, I think I did blush). But, we made it and the church loved that Emily and I involved ourselves in the churches activities.



I really enjoyed the Sermon on John 20: 1-10. The pastor focused on Christ resurrection and how we should celebrate. Easter was such a beautiful day with lots of dancing, singing and enjoying each others company.



Later, the whole mission gathered for a late lunch. I cooked zucchini! It was a great time of talking, relaxing and eating...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look happy with your piece of cake. What is up with the horns?

Love,
Dad