Saturday, March 17, 2007

Missions Conference

My reason for returning to the states before the end of my term was to attended a Missions Conference at my parents church.



Sunday:
I visited Sunday School classes talking about how they could become involved in overseas missions and worked a West Africa booth at an International Food fellowships.




Monday:
The Awana's program invited me to speak to the kids about missions in Africa. They were great and it was a crazy hair day. Later, I met with the Missions Team to talk about how the church could pray for me.







Tuesday:
Joy in the Morning is the women's Bible study and I got to talk to the women about what I do and what they could do for missions. Then I met with the church staff for lunch so they could learn about missions in West Africa.


Wednesday:
I talked to the whole church during their service for about five minutes then raced upstairs to talk with the youth group. They were a great group and had lots of questions.


The Missions Conference was a great experience. The church is really excited about what God is doing all over the world and how they can be a part of it.

No comments: