Monday, August 15, 2005
















<---this is a picture of my brother, Aaron, and I at Christmas this last year!
This is a blog to tell about my adventures in West Africa! I am moving there in January 2006 and will be traveling all over the world (mostly West Africa) for the next two years. I am terribly excited. My job is to write about what I do and the people I see.
I will have a "partner," Emily. She will be doing the same thing only better! I also get to take pictures and shoot video!
I went home this weekend. I am trying to go home as much as possible over the next two months to see my parents, because I know I need to see them as much as I can before I leave for TWO years.
So as I was saying I went home this weekend. The main reason was because it was my dad's birthday today. He turned old! I gave him an old mans card and then took him to lunch after church.
(HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!)
I also got to talk to my younger brother today (he is serving in Iraq). It was great to hear his voice! AARON I miss you!
"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ."
--Phil. 4:18-19

This goes out to all of you who face sacrifice.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jesse-

West Africa?? Take those malaria shots...pills...whatever!

Heather